I am kicking off a STAR WARS series here with a set of free printable holiday gift tags!! Today I am on the Printing The Holidays Blog Hop full of printable goodness for you to dress up the holidays this year. There's an amazing giveaway at the end of this post so be sure to check that out before you go. Now, the real reason I know you're here is for my super amazing Star Wars gift tags. You can print these on your home computer AND cut them out with a digital cutting system! Don't know how to use the force of your digital cutter? I got your back, young Padawan, with a handy set of directions … This post contains affiliate links.
Star Wars Printable Gift Tags for Christmas
So let's get this Star Wars party started. With the new movie, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, coming out this month, all my family is talking about is Star Wars this and Boba Fett that and correcting me because I said that something was on Naboo when it was on Tatooine. Don't fight the Force, moms. Just embrace it and Star Wars all the things!
These gift tags are fun and easy and totally Star Wars so your entire clan will totally approve. You can print these tags and cut them out by hand OR you can get all fancy with yourself and cut them on your digital cutter. Here's what you'll need to make them:
- HP Color Ink Jet Printer HP Envy 5660 or other color inkjet printer
- Cricut One Machine or another Digital Cutting System
- Computer to run the software for the Digital Cutting System
- White Cardstock
- Black and White Twine
- Hole Punch (you can cut the hole for the tags using the Digital Cutting System as well)
- Silver Sharpie Metallic Marker for addressing the gift tags
- Printable Star Wars Gift Tags – click to download WHITE TAGS or FILLED TAGS
I used HP's Instant Ink program to keep my printer filled with ink so I can print tags until the Banthas come home. Sign up for HP Instant Ink for the end of the year to get 6 months FREE! Just use my handy dandy special link to sign up: SIGN UP HERE.
I wrapped some of the gifts in Star Wars themed bags I got in the $1 Spot at Target. They're only $1 each and they are market style shopping bags, much sturdier than gift bags and they can be used over and over throughout the year. If you don't have Star Wars themed bags or wrapping paper, use traditional holiday colored papers like the red plaid I used above – the gift tags are made to match the trendy papers I've seen in store this year.
These images are ready for tracing in the software for any electronic cutting system you have – just import the png file, trace, and get to cutting! Here's how:
- Download the gift tags image you want by clicking on the images below.
- Import the image into the cutting software. Be sure to choose “png” from the file type to open.
- Resize the image to fit on the mat and within any registration marks needed for printing and cutting the image on the machine you're using.
- Trace the image in the digital cutter software.
- Print the image on cardstock. I used the HP Envy 5540 to print these tags. Be sure to check that any registration marks print as well.
- Apply the cardstock to the cutting mat and feed into the machine.
- Select “cut” from the menu. If needed, be sure to select “read registration marks” from the software before cutting.
- Remove the tags from the cutting mat and discard the negative paper.
- Punch holes in the top of each tag and thread twine through to create tags.
You'll need these downloadable printable files to make the gift tags:
Printable Star Wars Gift Tags – White
Printable Star Wars Gift Tags – Full Color
Now that you have the best gift tags ever, you need some equally amazing gifts to wrap with them!
Here are some ideas:
BB-8 App-Enabled Droid – yeah, it's remote control to the next level!
Star Wars Character Encyclopedia – for the ultimate Star Wars fan who knows everything and narrates the movies as you watch. Oh, you know you have this person in your family!
Looking for more printables to enjoy this holiday season?
Check out all the awesome bloggers participating in the Printing The Holidays Blog Hop! From gift tags to bookmarks to countdowns, we've got something for everyone. Also, don't forget to enter the giant printing crafts bundle giveaway below!
Here is your chance to win some amazing prizes from this hop's sponsors:
- $100 Consumer Crafts Gift Card
- $100 Expressions Vinyl Gift Card
- HP Color Ink Jet Printer HP Envy 5660 + HP Printing Materials
- Cricut One Machine + Cricut Supplies
- $200 Visa Gift Card
Enter to win here:
And continue on the hop here:
Thanks again for stopping by! Click HERE to sign up for my monthly newsletter, full of creative goodness. See you again soon!